Date: September 7th, 2017
To: Principals/Guidance Counselors, OKC High Schools
From: Rotary Club of Oklahoma City, Club 29
RE: Junior Rotarian Program
We are pleased to announce this year’s Jr. Rotarian Program application process. The mission of the Junior Rotarian Program of the Rotary Club of Oklahoma City is to foster a sense of respect, responsibility, goodwill and integrity among young people through community service and effective training opportunities. Junior Rotarians who successfully complete the program will be eligible for stipends ranging from $500 to $1000.
- The program is open to High School Seniors only
- A maximum of two applications will be accepted from each high school located in Oklahoma City. Principals and/or Guidance Counselors will determine which 2 applicants will be submitted by their school. Selection should be based on academic achievement and leadership.
Three (3) Rotary Meetings
- Orientation Day, Saturday, November 11 (Boathouse Foundation – Finish Line Tower – 4th Floor) 9:30-Noon
- Rotary Luncheon on Tuesday, November 14 (Petroleum Club) (11:30)
- Graduation Day, Rotary Luncheon on Tuesday, April 10 (Petroleum Club) (11:30)
- Breakfast Option on Thursday morning is available for a make-up – 7:00am – Hilton Garden Inn 2809 N.W. Expressway
Community Service Day (1 event)
- Central Oklahoma Habitat for Humanity on Saturday, December 2nd OR
- Serving a meal at the Ronald McDonald House on Saturday, December 9, 2017
- . If neither of these two dates works for the student, an additional opportunity to volunteer may also be available with the Salvation Army or another sanctioned organization.
In addition to the above program requirements, a student must submit an essay before graduating from the program. This essay will be due by March 1. The topic will be provided at a later date.
The application must be electronically submitted no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, October 6, 2017
Thank you in advance for your participation. Your thoughtful selection contributes greatly to the students’ experience and program success. Please contact Junior Rotarian Co-Chairs Lou Gasbarra at email@example.com or Susan Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.