Date: September 24, 2018
To: Principals/Guidance Counselors, Oklahoma City High Schools
From: Rotary Club of Oklahoma City, Club 29
RE: Junior Rotarian Program
We are pleased to announce this year’s Jr. Rotarian Program application process. The mission of the Junior Rotarian Program of the Rotary Club of Oklahoma City is to foster a sense of respect, responsibility, goodwill and integrity among young people through community service and effective training opportunities. Junior Rotarians who successfully complete the program will be eligible for awards ranging from $250 to $1000.
The program is open to High School Seniors only
A maximum of two applications will be accepted from each high school located in Oklahoma City. Principals and/or Guidance Counselors will determine which 2 applicants will be submitted by their school. Selection should be based on academic achievement and leadership.
Three (3) Rotary Meetings
• Orientation Day, Saturday, October 27 (Boathouse District)
• Rotary Luncheon on Tuesday, November 13 (St Luke’s United Methodist Church)
• Rehearsal for Graduation Day (Meeting participants – officers – only) April 6
• Graduation Day/Rotary Luncheon on Tuesday, April 9 (St. Luke’s United Methodist Church)
• Breakfast Meeting on Thursday morning is available for a make-up
• Essay – Due February 15 – 5:00pm
Community Service Day (1 event)
• Salvation Army Bell Ringing, Friday, December 7
• Guest Chef Dinner at the Ronald McDonald House at The Children’s Hospital on Saturday, January 5
• Central Oklahoma Habitat for Humanity Home Building on Saturday, February 23rd
Please forward the following link to not more than two students from your school. The applications should be submitted electronically by 11:59 pm on Friday, October 12th.
You may complete your recommendation concurrently.