July 27, 2021
Letter of Intent Applications – Due August 10, 2021 – Noon Sharp
Please forward this email to a qualifying nonprofit. You will find all the guidelines, requirements, timelines, and the application form here.This information is also on the home page of www.okcrotary.club. The deadline for Letter of Intent submission is Noon, August 10, 2021, sharp!
RE: 2021/22 Club 29 Annual Project
The Rotary Club of Oklahoma City is pleased to announce the application process for our Annual Project. We will be accepting Letters of Intent directed to a project or program that is proposed by a qualified nonprofit organization and will serve citizens within the City Limits of Oklahoma City. The recipient may receive a funding grant of up to $75,000 to underwrite the proposed project or program. Please help us get the word out to qualified organizations regarding this opportunity.
The Club 29 Annual Project is driven by our club motto: “Service Above Self.”
Details of the application process—guidelines and requirements—are set forth below. Completed Letters of Intent must be received online, via our website by NOON sharp on August 10, 2021. Any Letters of Intent submitted after that time will not be considered. Finalists will be notified on August 19 and grant applications will be due at noon on August 31.
As Oklahoma’s oldest and largest civic organization, we are delighted to again partner with our local nonprofits to serve our community in the coming year.
Donna Lawrence, Co-Chair Jerrod Shouse, President
Kendra Robbins, Co-Chair Rotary Club of Oklahoma City
Annual OnePledge Project Committee
2021/22 Annual Project
Grant Request Guidelines and Requirements for
Grant up to $75,000*
Grant Focus: The focus of the 2021/22 Rotary grant will be to fund a project that is an innovative solution to serving Oklahoma City citizens in need. Ideas may include projects such as playgrounds, transportation vehicles, audiometers for children, eye testing equipment, or teaching kitchens. We DO NOT fund operating expenses, including salaries. Since the funds will not be dispersed until February/March 2022, projects must be those that will begin in the spring/summer.
In order to be eligible for a Rotary Club 29 grant, an organization must:
Be a 501 (c)(3) Nonprofit organization
- Be in operation a minimum of three (3) years
- Have Gross Revenue (as of their Prior Fiscal Year) of at least $300,000
- Have Total Assets of at least $250,000
The Organization’s proposal must:
- Outline a project or program that targets a specific population for a specific duration and
with specific measurable goals to be achieved
- Must serve citizens within the City Limits of Oklahoma City
- Use the full amount of the Rotary Club 29 grant to provide services in Oklahoma City
- Plan to expend all funds within 24 months
Rotary Club 29 will not award its grant for the following:
- General operating expenses
- Debt reduction
- Endowments or memorials
- Bridge funding or interim financing
- Operational deficits
- Partisan, political lobbying or legislative activities
- General fund drive or annual appeals
- Fraternal, sectarian and religious organizations where the grant is intended for the
principal benefit of the organization’s own members or adherents, or where the grant is
intended for inherently religious activities
- Private foundations
- Legal expenses incurred in any action by or against the organization
- General construction or renovation (unrelated to a specific proposed project or program)
- Construction or renovation of property not owned by the nonprofit, unless letter of support/approval from the property owner is attached.
- General capital campaign (unrelated to a specific proposed project or program)
- A small part of a large project (i.e. we would not fund $75,000 of a $500,000 project)
- Fundraising activities or events
- Support for sports or other school groups to attend competitions
- Travel Expenses
Our guidelines continue to evolve, and Rotary Club 29 reserves the right to change its criteria without prior notice at any time.
An organization may submit only one application each year. The Rotary Club of Oklahoma City reserves the right to reject any application for any reason, including if it is late or incomplete in any way. The Rotary Club of Oklahoma City also reserves the right to select the winner, in its sole discretion and based on whatever criteria it deems to be appropriate.
*The $75,000 amount is an estimate of the amount we believe will be contributed by our members. The final grant amount will be determined by the success of the Club’s fundraising efforts.
The Annual Project Committee will present its recommendation to the Club 29 Board for final approval in late September. All applicants will be notified of our final decision. The Project Committee will then proceed to raise the needed funds during the year-end giving season. The winning organization will be asked to make a short presentation regarding the project at our meeting on Tuesday, October 5 at noon. Funds are anticipated to be available to the selected organization by February of 2022. Once the funds have been dispersed, the grant recipient will be required to submit progress reports every 6 months until project completion.
If you have questions, you may contact Cheryl Byrd at the Rotary office at Cheryl@okcrotary.com or (405) 235-5100.
The Letter of Intent application is online.
Please access the application
Selection Process Calendar
July 27 – Announcement of project/program opportunity at Rotary, followed by e mail announcement to Rotary membership for promotion to nonprofit organizations
August 10 at Noon – Deadline for Letter of Intent
August 19 – Finalists are contacted and asked to complete Grant application; email sent to those not selected
August 31 – Grant applications are due at noon
September 23 – Project recommendation presented to Rotary Board for final approval; nonprofit recipient is notified, email sent to those not selected
October 5 – Campaign Kickoff: Winning nonprofit makes presentation at Rotary meeting at noon
Oct. 5 – Dec. 31 – Fundraising conducted for project grant
February 2022 – Funds anticipated to be available for selected project