This October we invite Rotarians to join us in malaria elimination field- work, advocacy meetings, and a local adventure in Zambia or Uganda.
ZAMBIA TOUR – October 15th-23rd, 2019 Lusaka, Copperbelt, Luangwa
The tour begins in Lusaka on October 15 and ends upon arrival back in Lusaka on October 23. The cost will be approximately $2500, based on double occupancy, and include transfers, lodging, all meals and beverages except while on home stays, motor coach and air transportation in Zambia plus gratuities. Homestays in Ndola reduce the cost by $200.
- October 15 – Arrive in Lusaka, Zambia, stay at Marriott Protea Hotel.
- October 16 – Morning briefing from Zambian Health Ministry and PATH. Lunch and dinner with local Rotarians, Rotaractors and partners.
- October 17, 18,19 – Project field work
- October 19 – Farewell dinner with local Rotarians, Rotoractors and partners.
- October 20 – Fly to So Luangwa National Park and stay at an upscale safari Lodge. Evening game drive before dinner.
- October 21 – Morning game drive. Afternoon walking safari.
- October 22 – Fly to Livingstone and Victoria Falls. Overnight in a luxury hotel within walking distance of the Falls.
- October 23 – Fly back to Lusaka where tour ends. Stay or depart Zambia.
UGANDA TOUR – October 25th – November 1st, 2019, 2019 Entebbe, Kampala, Katawki
The tour begins in Entebbe (EBB) on October 16 and ends upon return to EBB October 23. The cost will be approximately $1200, based on DBL Occupancy in hotels for 7 nights and includes all meals, beverages (including beer and wine at dinner), motor coach in Uganda and gratuities. Homestays reduce cost by $140 per person.
- October 25 – Arrive in EBB, Uganda, dinner and stay at Marriott Hotel. Those arriving prior will be charged for extra nights at a rate of $195 single or $235 double.
- October 17 – Breakfast, travel to Kampala. Lunch with local Rotarians and RMP-U manager, travel to Jinja beautiful Wild Waters Lodge.
- October 18 – Free time at Lodge.
- October 19 – Depart to Soroti, Akello Annex Hotel. Dinner at Echodu Mansion with local Rotarians and Pilgrim Africa (project NGO)
- October 20 – Breakfast, worship with students at Beacon of Hope School. Lunch in Soroti. Afternoon work project.
- October 21, 22 – Project visits in Katakwi Province, meet local chiefs. Farewell dinner with local Rotarians and Pilgrim Africa staff.
- October 23 – Breakfast, return to EBB, Marriott Hotel. Final group dinner, tour end. Depart Uganda on evening flights or overnight in the hotel until your departure (at an extra charge).
- Option to tour the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest the next morning.
Deadline: Space is limited; Commitment due August 2019. Inquire or sign up by reaching out to email@example.com