Distance Learning: From classroom to online
Dr. Robyn Miller is Oklahoma’s Deputy State Superintendent of School Support and Accountability. She holds a Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis on Diversity. Dr. Miller taught high school English in Edmond for ten years, and served in an educator preparation program for twenty years as professor and eventually as education dean at Oklahoma Christian University. In her current role at the State Department of Education, she oversees school support, accountability, educator effectiveness, school safety & security, professional development, research and grants, and is Title IX team lead as well as lead for the Teacher Shortage Task Force. Dr. Miller has served on Oklahoma’s Commission for Educational Quality and Accountability as well as the State Regents for Higher Education Advisory. Presently, she is a trustee on the Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence and serves on the Positive Tomorrow’s board of directors. Dr. Miller is also the state superintendent’s designee on the Oklahoma College Savings Plan board and the Oklahoma Private Vocational Schools board.
Dr. Ed Harris is Professor and Williams Chair of Educational Leadership at Oklahoma State University. He is also Administrator for the Brock Prize in Education Innovation, which finds and awards the best educational ideas and shares them with the world. During his 30 years at OSU, he has served as Associate Dean of Administrative Affairs; Director of Research, Extension, Technology and International Programs; and Coordinator of EDLE Domestic and International Cohorts. In addition to his professorship responsibilities, he works with ECHO Education lines to provide professional development opportunities through Zoom technology to educators across the state. In the recent pandemic, in partnership with OSDE and the Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administrators (CCOSA), ECHO Education networks reached virtually all counties in Oklahoma.
Tracy Skinner joined Oklahoma City Public Schools in July 2019 as the Assistant Superintendent of Academics where she leads the district’s academic efforts.
Tracy began her career in the classroom at Will Rogers Elementary in Putnam City Schools in 1993, and then served as the principal of Deer Creek Middle School and Deer Creek High School for a number of years before joining Mustang Public Schools as the Director of Secondary Schools. She was then named Deputy Superintendent at Mustang Public Schools where she led the Curriculum and Human Resources Department before joining #TeamOKCPS.
Skinner graduated with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Music Education from Oklahoma City University, as well as her Master’s of Education in Administration from the University of Central Oklahoma in 1998. She is currently working on her doctorate at the University of Oklahoma.
Skinner’s husband, Todd, has been an educator in Putnam City for 31 years, and the couple has a daughter, Addye, who has just finished her Freshman year of high school.
Rotary Club of OKC: Zoom Webinar FAQs
- Yes. the panelists will be talking to us real-time online with both video and audio. Be sure to download the Zoom Cloud Meeting app prior to Tuesday’s meeting.
- No. As a webinar attendee, you will not be onscreen or have audio available.
- Yes. At the bottom of the webinar screen is a Q&A feature that will allow you to type your questions to the presenter. At the end of the meeting, they will answer as many questions as time allows.
- Register for the meeting in the link provided. After registration, a link will be sent to you as well as access instructions.
- No. Zoom can be accessed via PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, and tablets.
- No. While we would love to have you join us, this is not a required meeting but we will track attendance and apply as a make-up.
- Yes. Like our meetings at St. Luke’s, the meeting will be recorded for you to watch at a later time.