Global Grants 2017-18
Rotary Club 29 has been approved to participate in three Rotary International Global Grants.
- GG 1755918 – Cluj Romania medical equipment project at the cardiology and orthopedic hospitals. This is the grant especially honoring Bob Medley. Project Dedication is scheduled for October 12-15, 2017!
- GG175002 – Moncrevello Italy – for funding to provide anti-decubitus mattresses, multi-care beds, overhead lifts, and staff training to a Trompone health establishment in Moncrivello, Italy Grants were submitted by the Rotary Club of Viverone Lago and the Rotary Club of Oklahoma City.
- GG1642806 – M’Hamid, Morroco – lead club – Madrid Serrano – Provide the humanitarian assistance needed to rehabilitate their schools, provide water supply, build sports facilities, and provide basic health care to its inhabitants and simultaneously. To seek the necessary means and training to achieve the future maintenance and conservation of works and services carried out as the only possible way of sustainable development over time.
Thanks to Mary Jane Calvey for organizing these grants!
Together with District Dedicated Funds, and matching grants from Rotary International, funds awarded will be $66,000 (1) $62,688 (2) M’hamid Morocco ($87,550) (3)
Rotary Club 29’s participation will be a total of $5700 for these grants! For a contribution of $5700, $216,238 will be awarded to these very deserving International projects.
2018-19 Global Grants
- Building and equipment support for a rural health clinic in a remote, underserved area of S.W. Tanzania. This is part of a larger project being supported in partnership with Rotary Clubs in the Seattle area. RC OKC will lead the development of a $30,000 grant and commit $5,000 in funding.
- Urology Equipment for a clinic in Beius, Romania; Provide mobile x-ray equipment and laser lithiopter. RC Smoky Hill (CO) is the lead club and we have worked with the Broussard club in the past. RC OKC will commit $2,000 towards the expected cost of $118,000.
- CT Scanner (Istanbul, Turkey): Provide a CT scanner for a major hospital in Istanbul. We have worked on several projects in partnership with the other clubs involved. RC OKC will commit $1,000 towards the expected cost of $350,000.
The Rotary Club of Okla. City’s commitment of $8,000 will leverage approximately $42,500 in district and Rotary international matching funds, as well as build relationships with a range of Rotary Clubs and provide significant impact to program beneficiaries.