Sean Kouplen is Oklahoma’s 10th Secretary of Commerce & Workforce Development and the Chairman & CEO of Regent Bank.
In his role as Secretary of Commerce and Workforce Development, Kouplen oversees the economic development, community development and workforce development efforts for the state of Oklahoma. His goal is to add 10,000 direct new jobs for Oklahoma this year and over $1 billion in new investment.
On April 1, 2008, Kouplen led an investor group that purchased 110-year old Regent Bank in Nowata, OK. Since that time, the bank has expanded to Tulsa, OKC and now Springfield, growing from $70 million in assets to almost $600 million. Regent Bank has won many national and statewide awards including Journal Record & Inc Magazine’s Best Places to Work, as well as AIB’s Extraordinary Bank Award, given to the top 1% of community banks in the country.
Kouplen holds numerous local and statewide leadership positions, including Immediate Past Chairman of the OSU National Alumni Association, OSU-Tulsa Board of Trustees and Hospitality House Board of Directors; current board member for TCC Foundation and Hillcrest South Hospital, Elder of Southpoint Church in Bixby, and a member of the OK Bankers Association and Young President’s Organizations.
Kouplen’s awards include ICBA Central U.S. Community Banker of the Year, Journal Record’s Most Admired CEO, his fraternity’s top national alumni award, Citizen of the Year in Bixby, OK and, most recently, earning a black belt in Taekwondo. Kouplen has led five Influencers men’s discipleship groups, has written three best-selling books and also leads a daily call-in devotional for thousands of people throughout the country every morning at 8:17am and you are invited! ( 30,000 people call in each day from 40 states!)
Kouplen has been married to Angela for 20 years and they have three children- Emory (16), Kennedy (13) and Finley (9).
Rotary Club of OKC: Zoom Webinar FAQs
- Yes. Sean will be talking to us real-time online with both video and audio. Be sure to download the Zoom Cloud Meeting app prior to Tuesday’s meeting.
- No. As a webinar attendee, you will not be onscreen or have audio available.
- Yes. At the bottom of the webinar screen is a Q&A feature that will allow you to type your questions to the presenter. At the end of the meeting, they will answer as many questions as time allows.
- Register for the meeting in the link provided. After registration, a link will be sent to you as well as access instructions.
- No. Zoom can be accessed via PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, and tablets.
- No. While we would love to have you join us, this is not a required meeting but we will track attendance and apply as a make-up.
- Yes. Like our meetings at St. Luke’s, the meeting will be recorded for you to watch at a later time.